Why call your customers, if they don't want to answer?
The best form of communication is changing on a regular basis, you need to stay on top of your communications with your customers to ensure they are receiving the best care possible. Communication before and after each personal interaction with a customer can be the difference between a returning or non-returning customer. In this article we will show you why you should do SMS Messaging rather than just Email.
You need to be up to date with technology and the desired communication methods of your potential customers. Figures show from Gallup research that even back in 2014 signs that messaging is becoming a more and more a dominant form of communication. Figure 1. Is shown below directly from the study. Here you can see that text messaging (39%) is used more as a form of communication than a simple phone call (38%).
This shows that already in 2014 a lot more people would rather text somebody than making phone calls.That is no surprise, as with the advent of free data plans, sophisticated smartphones and changing habits it just became more convenient to simply text than call for getting a quick response. If that doesn’t hit the nail on the head for you already, gase your eyes over this statistics instead:
- 1. Texting is the most widely-used and frequently used app on a smartphone, with 97% of Americans using it at least once a day. (PewInternet)
- 2. Over 80% of American adults text, making it the most common cell phone activity. (PewInternet)
- 3. Text messages have a 98% open rate, while email has only a 20% open rate. (Mobile Marketing Watch)
Business that use texting
- 1. More than half of their customers said they would prefer texting with a customer support agent rather than talking on the phone. (eWeek)
- 75% of people would like to have offers sent to them via SMS. (Digital Marketing Magazine)
- A SMS converts a $6 - $20 call to a chat that costs pennies per session. (Oracle)
By now you must be convinced that you should definitely be using Text SMS as a form of communication for your customers. You must start reacting to how people are communicating in their daily life and then using it yourself to reach out to new customers. It may seem a bit strange sending text messages rather than calling to begin with. However, the matter of the fact is that more people will happily read a text message than answer a phone call.
At Shore we can set up this process for you! Sign up for a demo now and don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity! Or read one of customer success stories based on the impact from changing to SMS marketing and sending out "Unlimited" Text reminders instead of traditional methods. (Success Story: Spine & Sport).